Here's something that's a screamin' deal; At the hospital, they validate your parking if you are having surgery so that you get TWO DOLLARS OFF in the parking garage. Makes it all worthwhile i tell you! We've saved FOUR DOLLARS in the last two weeks.
So i had my second surgery yesterday. Hopefully that will be the end of this shit.
My boob is incredibly sore. I am walking around hunched over like a little old lady so as to minimize the natural harmonic waves that accompany walking with boobs. I even have two sports bras on. Yes, at the same time. A little wave action still sneaks in there though. Ouch!
And oh, the hospital stories;
- The condescending nurse that speaks to you as if you were 6.
- The farting people in the recovery room who just had colonoscopies.
- The nurse who keeps trying to get you to get up and get dressed and get the hell out of the recovery room even though you just woke up 5 minutes ago, who finally admits, "It's a factory around here."
- One time they insisted that i had to be wheelchaired out of the hospital, the next time i was allowed to walk out to the horrified gasp of a different nurse who said to my nurse, "You can't just let her WALK out of recovery." (I turned to The Mister and said, "Let's hurry and get out of here before they make me take a wheelchair.")
- The chatty person in the next bay in the 'induction room' who wants to talk at you about her bladder problems.
- The young girl with mental problems who was screaming when she woke up. (That was sad.)
All in all i can't really recommend it.