I am working on a post, but i am having some trouble wrangling the words into submission, so i am stealing this meme from flutter, and from chani too for that matter.
It's about High School.
1. Who was your best friend? I didn’t have a best friend, except maybe in 10th grade when i met Michelle, who was a foster kid with these really religious people. We would go to their house every day after school, while they were still at work, and smoke dope and drool over that picture of Cat Stevens on Catch Bull at Four. (Hi Cat!) She moved away before the following year and i never saw her again.
2. What sports did you play? I was on the swim team junior year. The next year i was not because i did not have a way to get to the pool. It never occurred to me to ask my parents to help with the transportation.
3. What kind of car did you drive? Ha. Drive? Not.
4. It’s Friday night, where were you? What year is it? 10th, probably with Michelle. 11th, probably with my two friends who were seniors. 12th, probably off with my Explorer Scout troop. Yes, i joined the boy scouts the first year they admitted girls.
5. Were you a party animal? Ha. No.
6. Were you considered a flirt? Ha. No.
7. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? No, no musical talent is possessed by me.
8. Were you a nerd? Not really. Just inept.
9. Did you get suspended/expelled? Me? No way.
10. Can you sing the fight song? If we had one i am unaware of it.
11. Who was your favorite teacher? Miss Fine. She was my English teacher, the one subject at which i was good. She took a shine to me and once said that if she ever had a daughter (unlikely, as she was about 40) she would want her to be just like me. Boy, did that feel good to this attention starved girl.
12. School mascot? A patriot. Yeah.
13. Did you go to Prom? Ha. No.
14. If you could go back and do it over, would you? Only if i were who i am now. Who i was then was very unsure of herself and spent lots of time looking at other girls and trying to figure out how i should be acting. But i was secretly repelled by the behavior i saw around me, so i was mostly just inert.
15. What do you remember most about graduation? I wore this really short dress, completely out of style, a nice blue green polyester print, that i had made myself.
16. Where were you on senior skip day? I don’t remember if there was one, i don’t think so.
17. Did you have a job your senior year? Nope.
18. Where did you go most often for lunch? The cafeteria.
19. Have you gained weight since then? Yes, about 30 pounds. I am a fine weight now, i was really skinny.
20. What did you do after graduation? I worked all that summer at a girl scout camp in McCall, Idaho for a grand total of $125. A wonderful, intensely emotional bonding experience. Here’s a funny story. My parents put me on an all night bus from Seattle to McCall, where i was picked up by one of the other camp employees in the morning. My parents had not asked me to call when i got there, and it had never occurred to me to do so. About 2 weeks later the camp director got a telegram (because my parents didn’t know the phone number of the camp) from my parents asking if i was there. I still have a copy of it. I’ll scan it for you. That telegram became part of the camp lore for that summer.
23. Are you going / did you go to your 10 year reunion? Wild Horses couldn’t drag me to my high school reunion.
24. Who was your home room teacher? If we had a homeroom, i don’t remember it.
25. Who will repost this after you? Are you asking me to predict the future? I am not that good.