I close my eyes, and this is what i hear;
- Waves lapping gently.
- A ski boat driving by, the people on it whooping and laughing.
- Em singing from the other side of the house, oblivious to any listener.
- The radio in the kitchen, murmuring NPR.
- The lamp next to me ticking gently as it heats up.
- A plover shrieking from the water's edge.
- The neighbors mowing their huge lawn with the riding mower. Crunch! Oh, they just hit a rock or something.
- From the highway, far away, a siren is wailing. Someone is having a bad day.
- Cat toenails on the wood floor.
- The keyboard clicking as i type. (I opened my eyes for that.)
- A small mew, and then a ka-thump up onto the bed.
- The desk computer whirring as it thinks its solitary thoughts.
- Swallows chittering as they fly up under the dock.
Tell me, what do you hear?