I feel a little bit like i should explain.
This is my venting place, where i can express things that are better left unsaid in the real world. I am not bitter and unhappy all the time. In fact, much of the time i am okay. Sometimes i am even happy. And sometimes i get mad and have ugly emotions. That's when you are likely to hear from me, which gives a skewed view of my life and mind.
It's just taking some time for me to adjust to....everything. Being single after 35 years of couplehood is difficult, and interesting, and crushing and freeing. I feel no need to rush in to another relationship. Perhaps i'll never have another one, perhaps i will. Truthfully, i hope i do. But it is hard for me to imagine a man that will like me that i will like back. But stranger things have happened. I know how it's done these days, online. I'm just not ready to go there. Yet.
Deb asked me what made me happy today. Here's a list:
- I have a job, three days a week. Not for the money (although money is nice), but for a reason to get out of bed and be somewhere. I like my job. I feel valued and helpful and it's interesting and flexible.
- Tonight's sunset is truly amazing.
- Em is here, living with me. She makes me laugh. Out loud.
- My cat is old, but healthy.
- Some nights dinner is cereal, or crackers and cheese and apples. And no one cares.
- Some nights dinner is cookies.
- I have some really wonderful and diverse friends. I want to expand on this because friends are the best. Never forget that.
- Marijuana is legal in Washington.
- Real farm fresh eggs.
- I got 4 hugs today.
- Tapering off pharmaceuticals.
- The internet.
- Did i mention friends?
- A sign at a gas station today that read "YOUR ON VIDEO" So clueless.