Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Well DUH!

This appeared across the top of my gmail inbox a few days ago:

Kissing Balls represent romance, friendship and goodwill.

I know the Mister would totally concur! I agree with the romance part, but i think that's taking friendship and goodwill a tad far.

After i stopped snickering, i did go and see what on earth this was all about. Here's the scoop. You'll be pleased to know that the balls in question are floral scented.

And to continue on with the theme, the domain name is addedtouch.com. I wonder what marketing genius came up with this tag line, and if they had any inkling that it might be misinterpreted.

Yes, i am still 6 years old.

10 comments:

LazyLazyMe said...

You were three on Sunday and six today.

Twelve on Thursday at this rate.

At least you get to avoid the teens and go straight to twenty four.

Lucia said...

Ah ha ha ha ha! I bet a lot of people read this just like you (and well, I) did!

Marshamlow said...

Thanks for the laugh! You nut!

Lynnea said...

Heh, if that's what friendship is about, then I want Clive Owen, Colin Firth, Ben Affleck as friends. Grin.

Unknown said...

"Kissing Balls represent romance, friendship and goodwill."

Especially in my country. Heh. What? Your pockets are for your use only?

Yeah. I'm a twelve-year-old-boy.

Teri M. said...

Rrrrracy!

Andrea Frazer said...

Why don't you discuss this over lunch with your mother? I'm sure it will bond you both.

Bobealia... said...

Nothing in marketing is done by mistake. They pay way too much money for that... Believe me, they want you to be six.

Josephine said...

What I have to say in regard to kissing balls?

Yuck. Double yuck.

But the flowers are nice...

Princess in Galoshes said...

Dirty.

Dirty, dirty, dirty.

...

Flowers.

alternatively: Brilliant marketing scheme.