Ways i have stayed the same:
1) I am still tall. :) Maybe someday i will start to shrink.
2) I still love to read, although now i am quite willing to put a book down that i don’t like and never pick it up again. It used to be a point of honor to never start a book without finishing it. Now i think that’s silly, life is too short.
3) I still believe in being reliable. If i say i will do something or be somewhere, i will. I do not believe in thinking “Yes, unless i get a better offer.”
4) I love animals. Cats, dogs, rats, snakes, bunnies, horses, etc. Not so much the insects though.
5) My emotional walls are high.
6) I am a loyal friend.
7) I am not forgiving. I wish that had changed. But if someone messes with you once, chances are good they will do it again.
Ways i have changed:
1) I know that we cannot be healed of our pain by another person. They can help, but the real work has to be done by me. Dammit!
2) I never thought I would want or have children. I was wrong.
3) I was confident that marriage was forever. Now I know that this isn’t true. That sounds bitter, but it really means that you never know what is going to happen in your life. So don’t be so smug, you are begging for a smackdown. (This means you meno.)
4) I am not the center of the universe. This one took me a while to figure out. It still hurts to say it.
5) I am really good at not taking an action personally when I can see that it is clearly not about me. For example, a woman who I used to work with never liked me. From day one. This was really her problem, not something wrong with me, since she was unpleasant to me right off the bat. Maybe I reminded her of someone else. But who knows, or really, who cares?
6) I am athletic now. Not that I am very good at it, but I just keep swimming (or walking, or whatever.)
7) I am much less likely to lose my temper, and much more likely to feel awful about it when I do.
8) I know how to apologize and mean it.