Friday, August 18, 2006

Skinny dipping

We're having two people over later this evening for a beach fire, s'mores and, after it gets dark, some nekkid swimmin'. Mmmmm.

One of them is a woman i used to work with, back when i worked, and the other is her boyfriend. I still meet Aileen once a week for a power walk and gab. She's a smart and thoughtful woman who is almost 20 years my junior and we get along famously. A few weeks ago, on one of the bloody hottest days of the year (even my cats were panting), she and i were out walking and sweating and i mentioned that when it's this hot, many nights at about 10 pm, the whole family strips and takes a dip in the lake. (The family that bathes together, stays together.) It's one of the only ways to get cool before bed. Aileen told me that she had never been skinny dipping. Shocking! A deprived person.

So we are out to remedy that situation this evening. We are lucky enough to live on a beautiful lake with a large enough beach such that the neighbors can't see us, and we can't really see each other when it's dark.

Swimming naked is one of the best things in the world. Swim suits are a tool of the devil, along with pantyhose. If i had a pool in my house i'd get up and swim naked every morning.

Before she said yes, she had to check with her boyfriend to see if he would be comfortable with it. She recently moved in with him and is still getting to know him. I think if he had been unwilling, that would have shown that moving in with him was a terrible mistake. I met him once and i am hoping that he comes off better this time. It's always uncomfortable when someone you like has an S.O. you think is a drip, or worse. I always give someone a few chances though. Maybe he's reserved and uncomfortable in new circumstances. I can relate.

Happy Friday all! If you see naked people swimming, don't tell.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm, s'mores. And here I was, doing so well with the anti-chocolate sentiments.
Make sure you hide the cameras before you take the nekkid! plunge. I don't know about your friends, but mine sure think they're funny. And sneaky. ;)

Lucia said...

How was the skinny dippin'? Sounds pretty darn sweet for a Friday night.

Bobealia... said...

My husband's family skinny dip together in broad daylight. I envy them, but I can't do it. I just don't want my mother-in-law or my neice to see my pubes. They all want to be naked all the time and they all hate clothing.
Anywhoo, I hope you have a wonderful time with your friend. I wouldn't be able to skinny dip with her boyfriend I didn't know... ack! It is a wonderful feeling (the best actually once you are in).
By the way, I was trying to find your blog and I went to this:
http://www.menoblog.com/
I laughed!!! Nob anyone?

meno said...

The skinny dipping was wonderful! It was a lovely warm night. And there was the fire with which to warm our sandy toes afterwards.

No cameras were allowed. We managed to keep the paparazzi from finding out.

Bo, we waited until after dark when we couldn't see each other. I think i could skinny dip in the daylight, as long as no family members, other than the mister, were around. I do NOT want to see my mum and dad sans clothing.